Source : NEW INDIAN EXPRESS NEWS
What was found in search operations?
Following the attack, PRCS initially said one medic had been detained by Israeli forces, leaving nine others and six civil defence workers unaccounted for.
The detained PRCS medic was released a day later.
On March 27, Gaza’s civil defence agency reached the attack site and discovered their destroyed ambulance, fire trucks, PRCS ambulances, and safety equipment belonging to some of the victims.
They also found the bodies of the missing medics, “buried under the rubble by Israeli bulldozers”.
That day, they were able to retrieve only the body of civil defence team leader Anwar al-Attar.
The remaining bodies could not be recovered, as Israeli authorities had granted only a two-hour window for the search operation.
Another search mission on March 30, coordinated between Gaza’s civil defence agency, PRCS and OCHA, located the remaining bodies.
Whittall, who coordinated the operation, confirmed all of those killed had been buried together.
“The grave that they were buried in… was marked by the emergency light from one of the ambulances that were crushed by Israeli forces,” he told a news conference.
He said that near the grave “the ambulances, the fire truck, a UN vehicle had all been crushed”.
In the UN vehicle was the body of the UNRWA employee, spokeswoman Juliette Touma told AFP.
What are the unknown elements?
Some aspects of the incident are still unclear.
While Palestinian officials report 15 medics were killed, the military has acknowledged only nine deaths, all of whom it identified as militants.
It is unclear whether all the vehicles travelled together and were struck at the same time.
Whittall of OCHA said that “the ambulances were hit one by one as they advanced, as they entered into Rafah”.
SOURCE :- NEW INDIAN EXPRESS