Home Latest Australia TV star Chloe Lewis shares horror moment her six-year-old son’s finger was...

TV star Chloe Lewis shares horror moment her six-year-old son’s finger was chopped off in ice skating accident

9
0

Source : Perth Now news

A former TV star has revealed the horrifying ordeal her son went through when part of his finger was sliced off in an ice skating accident.

Chloe Lewis, who previously starred on The Only Way Is Essex, took to Instagram this week to share the tragic event that unfolded on New Year’s Eve.

It was 2pm that day when she got a phone call no mother ever wants to receive.

“I was told Beau had been in a terrible accident. He fell over ice skating, and someone ran over his finger with their bladed skates, which took his finger off,” she wrote.

Lewis got into the car straight away, driving 45 minutes all the way to the rink, where she found six-year-old Beau “wrapped in a silver medical blanket”.

“His little face melted my heart, and I did my best to hold back the tears so I didn’t upset him,” she wrote.

“He kept telling me, ‘It’s fine, mum, you don’t need to cry, I’m OK. My finger’s going to be OK.’”

From there, they were rushed to the hospital were Beau was taken in for X-rays before he went into surgery at 8pm that same day.

“Watching your child be put to sleep is probably the worst thing I’ve ever experienced — it’s incredibly distressing, and I honestly wouldn’t wish it on anyone.”

Lewis had to wait an agonising 3.5 hours before she was called to sit by little Beau’s side as he woke up.

She was relieved when the plastic surgeon told her everything had gone well.

But eight weeks after the incident, the part of the finger that was reattached sadly didn’t take.

Lewis said this means “if it doesn’t fall away naturally, then he’ll have to have another small operation to remove it”.

“Its completely broke me and still to this day I can’t believe it’s happened.”

She is now hoping to raise awareness to prevent the same thing from happening to other young children. She is also pushing for new laws.

“As I’ll never be able to bring his finger back, I’d love all your support in helping me change the law to stop this from happening to other children.

“I’ve started a Petition with the government ‘to make it compulsory for children to wear protective gloves while ice skating’.”

Her friends and followers were quick to send messages of support.

“So traumatic for you and him. Sending you lots of love,” one user wrote.

“Gosh, I’m so sorry this happened. Brave Beau. I’ll be signing the petition,” another commented.

Lewis is hopeful the petition will reach 100,000 signatures. After attaining that milestone, it can be considered by parliament.

As of Friday, the petition has just under 12,000 signatures.