Home Latest Australia Past lord Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor detained by UK authorities at Sandringham house amid...

Past lord Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor detained by UK authorities at Sandringham house amid the Epstein scandal, King Charles issues statement, and Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor releases live updates.

8
0

Source :  the age

Thank you for watching our live coverage of King Charles II I’s arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.

The website will remain through the American night and into Friday day, as we learn more information around the ancient arrest.

What we do so far are as follows:

  • On suspicion of misconduct in public office, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was detained at around 8am on Tuesday ( local time ) at the Sandringham Estate. He remains in prison.
  • According to a police statement, searches are being conducted in Berkshire and Norfolk in connection with the imprisonment, and an investigation has been launched. The two properties, reportedly named Andrew’s past Berkshire home Royal Lodge and his current Norfolk residence, Wood Farm, are believed to be those in Wood Farm.
  • In a speech, the King said the “law may consider its course”, reaffirming that officials have “our complete and heartfelt support and co-operation”. The King’s speech was endorsed by the Prince and Princess of Wales.
  • King Charles and Queen Camilla have both been photographed performing their usual royal duties, with the Queen attending a midday music in London and the King holding an audience at St James ‘ Palace. The King had no notice that the arrest was taking area, UK media reported.
  • In response to mounting accounts of his alleged leaking of classified papers to associates, including convicted crime Jeffrey Epstein, Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on his 66th day.

Read more about the imprisonment of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor:

    What we know so far: The antiquated rules threatening a former lord with life in prison

  • Analyze: At Sandringham, a controversy that is scandalous and embarrassing is brought to the forefront, writes David Crowe.
  • Why King Charles will support the English police investigation, according to the Epstein data?
An legendary photo shows Prince Andrew and sex offender Jeffrey Epstein walking through New York’s Central Park in December 2010. News Licensing UK / Jae Donnelly

Andrew would join a select few senior British royals who have been publicly accused of crimes if they were to eventually face criminal charges.

His elder sister Lady Anne was fined for speeding in 2001, and the following time became the first royal to be convicted of a criminal offence in 350 years when she appeared in court to plead guilty to failing to stop one of her pups, named Dotty, biting two children.

Lady Anne, who was suspended for speeding, arrives at the police’s Derby, England, police regional offices in 2001. AP

King Charles I was tried for treason in 1649 towards the end of the English Civil War, found innocent and beheaded.

According to Reuters, the wrongdoing arrest is not the only one against Andrew that the police are looking into.

He has been identified by the anti-monarchy battle group Republic over allegations that he was involved in the smuggling of a person to Britain for sexual in 2010.

Thames Valley Police said it was assessing claims that a person had been taken to an address in Windsor, where the former lord lived until recently.

Additionally, US lawmakers have recommended that he speak before congressional committees about his knowledge of Epstein.

Former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has even called for a police investigation into the presence of Epstein trafficking women through London’s Stansted Airport, claiming that past comments into Andrew had overlooked this fact.

Reuters

Andrew was arrested on his 66th birthday on suspicion of wrongdoing in public workplace- a seldom used but serious infraction in UK law.

It’s not about being disparaged in the media, losing royal names, or living in contempt in the eyes of the general public. The legislation is the subject of this.

Detectives have been probing his do as a business minister for the UK after emails in the Epstein files suggested he reportedly shared personal data to the late businessman.

The most recent file transfer, which includes an image of the former lord crouched over an unidentified female, includes the original lord a number of days.

In 3 million websites of Epstein-related documents that were recently released in the US, a photograph of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor standing on all toes next to an unnamed woman was included. US Department of Justice

The original king allegedly shared accounts of official trips to Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Singapore in emails obtained by the US Department of Justice.

Five days after being sent by Andrew’s then-special assistant, Amir Patel, an email from November 2010 appeared to have been forwarded by him.

Another, on Christmas Eve 2010, appeared to give Epstein a private short on investment options in the restoration of Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

The Crown Prosecution Service determines whether a cost has the ability to lead to a successful trial when it refers to misconduct in public business as “serious willful neglect of the strength or responsibilities of the common office held. ”

The Guardian reported this evening, native period, that a director for the Crown Prosecution Service confirmed it was yet to offer advice to police.

Spencer Kuvin, a lawyer in Florida who also represents Jeffrey Epstein’s victims, said Andrew should now “submit a full interview with the FBI and explain his past behaviors. ”

Spencer told The Sun,” This is a historic time, not because of his name,” but because it demonstrates that responsibilities does not compromise pleasure.

“For the victims of Jeffrey Epstein’s misuse, an arrest is not about scene or revenge; It’s about confirming for the first time that no one, whether aristocratic or not, is above the rule of law.

Hopefully, the FBI will use this opportunity to interview Andrew while he is being held in order to look into any potential US offences he might have committed as well. ”

Although carrying on is not a imperial imperial motto, it could just as easily be.

As soon as word of his brother’s imprisonment, Andrew, the King exhibited the monarchy’s oldest reaction by going on public outings in central London. No delay, no retreat- merely the job, as normal.

For London Fashion Week, the king was photographed arriving in the heart of the city, which underscored a well-known royal custom: duty comes first.

The King arrives at the London Fashion Week’s starting present. AP

He made his entrance to the Strand, one of London’s busiest and most symbolic boulevards, where he received a combined reception from the general public.

The exchanges between well-wishers and shouted remarks reflected a divided public opinion, never so much about the King himself but rather the House of Windsor’s wider dark.

One journalist was heard asking: “ What’s your reaction to your brother’s arrest? The King waved to the audience instead of saying anything in response.

Tolu Coker, a British-Nigerian developer, is standing in front of the King during the beginning night of London Fashion Week. AP

Thank you for watching our live coverage of King Charles II I’s arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.

The website will remain through the American night and into Friday day, as we learn more information around the ancient arrest.

What we do so far are as follows:

  • On suspicion of misconduct in public office, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was detained at around 8am on Tuesday ( local time ) at the Sandringham Estate. He remains in prison.
  • According to a police statement, searches are being conducted in Berkshire and Norfolk in connection with the imprisonment, and an investigation has been launched. The two properties, reportedly named Andrew’s past Berkshire home Royal Lodge and his current Norfolk residence, Wood Farm, are believed to be those in Wood Farm.
  • In a speech, the King said the “law may consider its course”, reaffirming that officials have “our complete and heartfelt support and co-operation”. The King’s speech was endorsed by the Prince and Princess of Wales.
  • King Charles and Queen Camilla have both been photographed performing their usual royal duties, with the Queen attending a midday music in London and the King holding an audience at St James ‘ Palace. The King had no notice that the arrest was taking area, UK media reported.
  • In response to mounting accounts of his alleged leaking of classified papers to associates, including convicted crime Jeffrey Epstein, Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on his 66th day.

Read more about the imprisonment of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor:

    What we know so far: The antiquated rules threatening a former lord with life in prison

  • Analyze: At Sandringham, a controversy that is scandalous and embarrassing is brought to the forefront, writes David Crowe.
  • Why King Charles will support the English police investigation, according to the Epstein data?
An legendary photo shows Prince Andrew and sex offender Jeffrey Epstein walking through New York’s Central Park in December 2010. News Licensing UK / Jae Donnelly

We are seeing more photos from the two simultaneous authorities searches taking place as we wait for more information about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest, including where he has been taken.

Police officers are on safeguard and unknown vehicles are seen approaching both his present residence, Wood Farm on the Sandringham property, and his original residence, Royal Lodge on the Windsor property.

Authorities officers stand watch near the entrance to Wood Farm, the residence of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. Getty Images
The Sandringham Estate’s home is near Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s house, where the advertising frequently reports. Getty Images
Trucks leave Windsor’s Royal Lodge. AP
Police officers are stationed outside as pedestrians and lorries approach the walls of the Royal Lodge. Getty Images

Despite the high drama surrounding his younger brother’s arrest, King Charles has continued to pursue his common agenda.

A note from Buckingham Palace confirms that he has gone ahead with the meetings scheduled for Thursday morning in London ( local time ).

His ordinary duties include greeting fresh British ambassadors, one of which are included. The King had a meeting with the new large director for Kenya and the new ministers for Spain and El Salvador.

In his speech published earlier on Thursday, the King vowed that while legal proceedings were under method, he and his relatives “would remain in our work and support to you all”.

On Thursday, King Charles III held a reception at St. James ‘ Palace attended by dignators, including Kenya’s new High Commissioner Maurice Makoloo. Getty Images
Former UK prime minister Gordon Brown in 2022. Bloomberg

Gordon Brown, the former UK prime minister, claims he has provided documents to the UK police in connection with their investigation into Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s allegedly alleged misconduct in public office.

“ I have submitted a five-page memorandum to the Metropolitan, Surrey, Sussex, Thames Valley and other relevant UK police constabularies, ” Brown said in a statement given to The Guardian and other UK outlets.

This memorandum adds new and additional information to what I submitted last week to the Met, Essex, and Thames Valley police forces, in which I pleaded with them to ensure that trafficked girls and women receive justice. ”

UK Deputy Prime Minister David Lammy in 2024. Getty Images

In response to Andrew’s arrest, UK Deputy Prime Minister David Lammy made a few brief remarks.

“As justice secretary- and as the prime minister has said- nobody in this country is above the law, ” he told the BBC.

And since this is now a police investigation, it must proceed in a typical manner. ”

Lammy was speaking to the BBC’s technology editor Zoe Kleinman at the India AI Impact Summit in Delhi.

William and Catherine have unofficially endorsed the King’s statement regarding the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, with UK media outlets all reporting that they “understand” this to be the pair’s position.

The BBC and royal reporters from broadcasters ITV and GB News all released the exact form.

.rsme-embed .rsme-d-none { display: none; } .rsme-embed .twitter-tweet { margin: 0 !important; } .rsme-embed blockquote { margin: 0 !important; padding: 0 !important; } .rsme-embed.rsme-facebook-embed .fb-post iframe { width: 100% !important; } .rsme-embed.rsme-facebook-embed .fb-post span { width: 100% !important; }

With this in mind, it seems unlikely that there will be a standalone statement from the Wales’.

A royal spokesperson said last week in their first statement regarding the Epstein revelations,” The Prince and Princess have been deeply concerned by the continuing revelations. They continue to think about the victims. ”