Source :- PERTH NOW NEWS
The T20 World Cup controversy stems from coach Andrew McDonald’s refutation of claims that Australia is irrelevant and that the team’s first exit from Sri Lanka was due to the Ashes being prioritized over the world competition.
McDonald acknowledged on Thursday that Australia’s worst achievement at a female’s World Cup in 17 years had left the team “devastated,” but he continued to emphasize how he believed the group had been capable enough to have qualified from their party in Sri Lanka.
His remarks came as Australia prepared for their penultimate game against Oman, a dead plastic, with the criticism from former world champions also roiling in the tent.
Matt Hayden compared Mitch Marsh’s side’s troubled T20 preparation to England’s turbulent build-up to the Ashes, while Glenn McGrath had mentioned how his part lacked Australia’s ancient “aura” and had a sweet underworld.
McDonald was quick to claim that Australia’s surrender was due to the country’s baseball bosses having their sights only on the profitable and lucrative home Ashes line, even though he offered no excuses for the group-stage exit.
” We’ve been completely locked into this for a while. According to him,” This is one of our interests,” he said on Thursday, expressing their unwavering commitment to a successful outcome of the occasion being staged jointly in Sri Lanka and India.
” I’ve heard that kind of argument that T20 World Cups are irrelevant to us. All of that, in my opinion, is a reaction to the appearances of Australian baseball teams in these contests.
We won in 2021, but we haven’t had the same level of success since. The expectations for the American cricket team are great, and that is right.
” But it is totally false to sit up and claim that we’re giving different forms or other versions of the game preference over the T20 World Cup is. It’s fair to say that we have a very destroyed group.
Has there been some difficulty in the absence of Test classics Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood as a result of our injury build-up? McDonald continued:” Have we had some problems on the backside of injuries? Every country has to deal with that, and that’s something we often have to deal with.
” Unfortunately, ( Cummins and Hazlewood ) weren’t able to make this tournament, and does that matter to your performance? In some ways well, but I firmly believe that the players who were present are capable enough.
” It shouldn’t be about the people who are missing,” he said. We are disappointed in the achievements, which it should have looked at. The criticism must be fair and objective, and we must possess those.
We have a room full of players who are very disappointed when they realize they are capable of progress, and we just have to acknowledge that we haven’t and that we didn’t find the tiny margins that would have taken us over the line in all three areas of the game.
” As a social, we haven’t been great enough.”
However, McDonald acknowledged that the actual post-mortem wouldn’t occur until the crew returned to Australia on Saturday and that it was crucial that they bow out with a win over Oman.
There have certainly been a lot of feelings flying around recently, and our task as a coaching staff and playing dependent is to be able to focus on the game, he said. Additionally, it’s an opportunity to sing for Australia.

