Source : Perth Now news
According to the opposition, practices of handling previous repatriations of women and children connected to Islamic State didn’t suffice to deal with a group looking to return to Australia.
After being held in a Arab camp since the violent team’s battle, a group of 34 women and children with relations to previous Islamic State fighters have been seeking a returning to Australia.
While one has been given a two-year momentary rejection order preventing their return, various members of the so-called” Syria bride” group have been given American documents as individuals.
Any attempts to return the party have been ruled out by the federal government.
Jonathon Duniam, a spokesman for the opposition’s home affairs office, claimed that the restrictions placed on past residents with connections to the Islamic State would not be sufficient for the current generation.
Eight orphaned babies were repatriated from Syria in 2019 under the then-coalition state, and four people and 11 children were brought back to Australia in 2022.
Senator Duniam said on Sunday,” It is not in our national attention to bring people back to Australia with a slowly, soft technique, which is the one this state is taking.”
The best thing we got was a 25-month good behavior friendship for those who have been repatriated and who have previously faced prosecution.
These individuals went to Syria to assist a suicide religion. I don’t think a good behavior tie is a robust response or something that will protect people. “
The alliance has demanded that laws be made to prevent the group from obtaining Asian passports.
According to Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke, intelligence companies are looking into any potential dangers Australia might face.
He said,” We know the different people, we know their mentality and effective ideology,” adding that.
Our organizations have huge followed them, they say. “

